What is a cookie?
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer or mobile phone when you browse websites.
Our cookies help us:
- Make our website work as you’d expect;
- Remember your settings during and between visits;
- Improve the speed/security of the site;
- Continuously improve our website for you;
- Help us offer you personalised services;
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission);
- Collect any sensible information, without your express permission;
- Pass data to advertising networks;
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties;
What types of cookies we use?
We use these types of cookies:
- Necessary cookies to make the site work.
- Traffic analysis cookies.
We use Google Analytics to gather statistics such as how many people visit our site, what technology they use (Mac or Windows? This information helps us learn when the site is not working as it should on certain technologies), how much time they’re spending on our site, what pages they are visiting etc. This information helps us continuously improve our site. The so called “analysis” software also tells us how visitors are reaching our site (from a search engine, from social media etc.) and if they were here before or not.
How to control cookies?
At any time you can withdraw your cookie consent on your device. Doing so however will likely limit the functionality of our’s and a large proportion of the world’s websites as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites.
To switch off cookies you must access the cookie settings from your browser menu „Options/Settings/Tools”.
Here’s how you can turn off cookies in the most popular web brosers: